Tuesday 27 July 2021

THE GOOD SAMARITAN

 4th July

Trinity 6

To Eucharist at St Cynog’s LLangynog.

What delight: I had been there with Rosie a couple of weeks back however now I was inside. 13th century nave and the Coomb Chapel at the east end 17th century. The place is chock-full of lovely monuments from the 17C until the latter part of 20C. 

The Coombe Chapel


Detail of panel beside the window



Canon Ann Howell gave the service with only two of us* in the congregation. I was please to help giving the two readings. After the service I help Canon Ann lock the safe, a brute of a thing and tricky one to secure! 

*For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20

 

 

Lost my Way by Lökii Lipless https://open.spotify.com/track/4HEFtMMJarOpXCBFLJJeui?si=86e7e55d55d241d2

 

A curious happening before the service.... 

 

I was sure of the way to St Cynog’s. After a couple of miles out of the village I was less than sure. Then I met an oncoming vehicle. The driver pulled over correctly assuming that my reversing skills are less than good.

We conferred through lowered windows. I was miles off course. He set me right telling me about the LH fork in the road I'd missed. I had to go on into the village of Llanyi-bri and turn round and head back. 

 

BLESS HIM! The other driver waited for me at the fork in the road (I guess about five minutes) and gestured in the direction of the church! 

There are many ways to find God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim