Saturday 2 May 2020

A TICKET TO RIDE TO NIKKO TURNING JAPANESE: RETURN TO NIKKO


The other evening I was with chums, on a Zoom call (where else!) and we were talking about when one of our numbers would reschedule his major tour of Japan. October came up, question being would it still be nice at that time of year?  
Yes I declared I went to Nikko Park in October, years ago”.
“Well, said H Nikko was on our list”.
OK, said I, I will just check into when I did go. 

THE HISTORY OF A REMARKABLE BRIDGE 
I found the notebook and it was October 2005 when I made the trip to Nikko a wonderful national park in Japan.  Excitedly, I rescanned the drawings and found the maps and my train ticket.

Thinking further I thought I had written the trip up somewhere. 

Next morning it occurred to me that I had, in an old blog that I keep from 2004 through 2009. Long neglected, it was originally on a platform called MSN Spaces (their attempted to be funky in the blogger-sphere. The eventually go bore with it (MS) often did then with initiatives in the social media space and sold it to WordPress.  

DRAWING NEAR TO THE BRIDGE
And my blog, Tim Baynes Artist Traveller is still up there! I wrote up most of my Microsoft business trips across 2004 - 2009















THE ESSENTIAL MAPS

A gauche piece of writing, however it serves to bring the adventure back into sharp focus. 

ENTERING THE TEMPLE 
FELLOW TRAVELLERS ON THE TRAIN TO NIKKO 
NIKKO  ENSHRINED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim