Friday 18 March 2016

Bangalore Nights: The Sky at Night


Star gazing in Bangalore
Restaurants were you can enjoy the night sky and stars directly above your head are not commonplace. This is why the Persian Terrace is a lovely place to eat.  Every table provides the opportunity to star gaze.

The Persian Terrace is part of the Grand Sheraton Hotel in Bangalore were I was extremely lucky to be billeted for a week. The service was brilliant, so much so that my main course arrived first, followed moments later by my starter and both were excellent.


I thought it was strange to have a Persian restaurant in a Indian hotel until my local colleagues reminded me that the Mogul invasion of India originated from Persia and the culinary bonds were therefore strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim