Monday 24 September 2018

Scourie on Sunday: The wheels on the bus go round and round

Scourie Sunday: The wheels on the bus go round and round

The fine blue Number 11 bus

A welcome at the East Church

It was raining very heavily as I landed at Inverness and continued like that all the way to Scourie. 

Richard was to pick me up from the airport later. So to make good use of the time I caught the Number 11 bus into Inverness. What a friendly place. Everyone greets you and is courteous, for example letting you off the bus before themselves. I entered the East Church to get out of the rain. As I made a drawing, and the service having just finished, several of the congregation and the pastor said hello and pressed me to join them for coffee.

On the Number 11 bus back to return to the airport a bout of community singing broke out from the rear, young people having a jolly time and singing in Dutch.



Notes and jottings from a week, August 26 - 31  at the Scourie Hotel www.scouriehotel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim