Friday 24 October 2014

MOSCOW WEEKEND

MOSCOW: A CHURCH A FEW MINUTES FROM THE OFFICE
On Saturday my colleagues tell me of a church only three minutes from the office. I arrive to the chime of bells.

Many bells in a sound unfamiliar, I attempt to capture this on my phone.  It is music composition created all by one man, the prelude to a service inside.


A great city that has a great river snaking through it. Grand buildings are part of capital build to impress, remodelled by Joseph Stalin.

The Moskva River clasps to the last rays of a murky sunset.  It is the end of my work here. Sunday and two fishermen loll against the stone balustrades along the river in the hope of a catch.



THE MOSKVA RIVER  CLINGS TO THE SUNSET 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim